- Lord, I will dedicate my first child and all my children to you (1 Sam 1:9-11)
- I pray my child will love you with all his heart, mind, body, and soul.
- I pray my child will have eyes and ears to see and hear from You, Lord
- I pray my child will be healthy in every area: Cardiovascular system, immune system, nervous system, etc.
- I pray my child’s organ’s, tissues, and cells will develop properly and healthy
- I pray my child will love others with compassion
- I pray he will be handsome like David
- I pray he will be a leader
- I pray he will be super smart like his daddy
When we come into agreement with God’s word, the enemy will devise ways to prevent us from walking out our purpose. The enemy’s schemes will even involve the life of an innocent, premature, newborn. I was admitted into the hospital the day after Christmas (great timing btw), and the Holy Spirit said, “Keep praying.”
Sometimes God will allow the enemy in our lives to build strength. Jesus was tested by the devil for 40 days and 40 nights shortly after his baptism. I believe my prayers spiritually baptized my son while he was in the womb, and it was our turn to be tested.
Friends and family banded together in prayer, contending for my son’s life. Despite a 6 week trial, recovering from a c-section, trucking to NICU to visit my son, my hope never wavered. Despite fluctuating hormones, emotional outbursts, combined with nights of loneliness and weeping, my hope still did not waver. Doctors and nurses wondered where my peace came from, to which I responded “Jesus…duh.”
We were allowed to bring home our baby boy 3 weeks earlier than doctors predicted. The first day of cradling my precious little man at home, I heard God say, “Keep praying.” To which, I responded, “How? What do I need to pray for?”
- Pray for joy as this will be his strength
- Pray for godly friends and influences
- Pray for his creativity
- Pray that he will love to worship Jesus
- Pray he will love to obey authority
- Pray he will love to learn
- Pray he will be at peace
- Pray he will honor his father and mother
- Pray he will walk in his calling and purpose
- Pray he will know how to communicate well
- Pray the Aaronic blessing everyday
- Pray God will cover and protect him all the days of his life
- Pray he will discern the voice of God
- And more!
My prayers had saturated my son’s entire being, and God displayed signs of that.
Unsure of the words that came out of my son’s mouth, the next morning I asked for verification. I asked, “Levi, where’s Abba?”
He pointed to the ceiling, without hesitancy, and replied, “Oh, right there.” As if to say, “Mama, can’t you see?”
“Oh Abba. Abba watching.”
Abba is always watching.
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matt 5:8
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven. Matt 18:10
Have your prayers been bold and specific to the Lord lately? I challenge you, to allow yourself to be specific and expectant with prayers for your children. I am standing with you in prayer this minute, in hope we will create a new legacy for our children to be bold in Christ. In Jesus’ name, Amen.