In my last post, I talked about the transforming our minds. The mind is a powerful organ; the center to how you perceive the world and react to it. My mind is a constant battlefield. There is a reason why Scripture says, ” …do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
Dr. Caroline Leaf, author and doctor specializing in neuropsychology and communication states, “75% to 95% of the illnesses that plague us today are a direct result of our thought life. What we think about affects us physically and emotionally.” A pioneer in controlling toxic thoughts, she also says, “There are INTELLECTUAL and MEDICAL reasons to FORGIVE! Toxic waste generated by toxic thoughts causes the following illnesses: diabetes, cancer, asthma, skin problems and allergies to name just a few. Consciously control your thought life and start to detox your brain!”
Are you in a state of renewing your mind? Or do you alter it with negative thoughts, emotions, or substances? Do you find yourself constantly being critical of yourself or others? Do you find yourself seeing more flaws than strengths? Do you encourage, cultivate, and promote a healthy environment in your home and work? Do you consistently search your heart for purity & righteousness? How is your daily attitude? Do you find gratefulness in the everyday and mundane?
Do you need to forgive people in your past? Your current life? Does it take more than one time to forgive these people?
When Peter asked Jesus how many times he should forgive his brother, Jesus immediately responds “Not, Up to seven times, but, Up to seventy-seven times.” Matt 18:21-22
Here, I offer some scripture verses to declare over you life and help control your toxic thoughts…a reminder that God is above all the negativity! His power is greater than our minds. As long as we can recite Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, we can be reminded that His power can overcome all things.
1. “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Phil 4:8
2. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ” 2Cor 10:5
3. “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1Cor 10:13
4. “May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Rom 15:5-6
5. “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thess 5:18
6. “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.” Heb 10:22
7. “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
I’m praying and declaring for you to be set free from the clutches of the enemy. That you will continue to search God with all your heart, and he will give you power to overcome all negativity in your life. I declare that also, negativity will be removed now in Jesus’ name! Blessings over you, my friend!